Students- Complete the follwing packet in your notebooks. Mr. Biava will be checking your work when he returns.
Task: Explore the issues facing the Chesapeake Bay to make reasonable, creative, and innovative suggestions to help reestablish the health of the ecosystem.
1. In your own opinion, what are the top five major issues facing the Chesapeake Bay and the connecting waterways?
2. Why did you pick your number one from the previous question as the most pressing issue of the Bay?
3. What is currently being done to resolve your 5 most pressing issues?
4. How can students of Hunter B. Andrews promote a sense of ownership for the health of the Bay?
5. What can local governments do to help promote a sense of ownership for the health of the bay?
6. Choose one of the issues you discussed in question one. Develop a poster educating the community about the issue and any ways the community can help to help!
I look forward to hearing your thoughts about the Chesapeake Bay and your ideas to help rebuild and sustain a healthy ecosystem!
STEP 1: Read and answer the REVIEW Questions 1-3
STEP 2: On a sheet of paper design a solution to tackle one of the sources of water pollution.
1. How will you know your design works when you implement it?
2. How will you test your design?
3. Who will pay for the solution? Will it be expensive?
4. Why is it important to prevent pollution from the source you chose?
Open and color in notability
Students- find resources from class to the left.